If you are getting ready for an upcoming military move, you need to understand how the Defense Personal Property Program (DP3) is set up to benefit you. First, what is DP3? In an effort to make relocations easier for military personnel, the government created an internet-based system (DPS) to manage DoD household goods moves. From The Military.com website, here are some of the primary benefits of the Defense Personal Property Program.
Through DPS and the DP3 initiative, you will receive the following benefits:
- The ability to self-counsel and submit your application online, instead of traveling to a Transportation Office (TO)
- The ability to track your shipment through DPS or Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- The option to file a claim online, and to settle directly with your moving company, called a Transportation Service Provider or TSP
- Full Replacement Value (FRV) of lost and damaged goods, as opposed to depreciated value offered in the past
- The opportunity to make sure only quality, reputable companies handle and ship your personal belongings, and those of your fellow servicemembers and DoD civilians, by completing the Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSS)
The first step is to obtain a Log In from Electronic Transportation Acquisition (ETA). If an “Authentication Error” notification is received, contact the System Response Center (SRC) Help Desk Toll Free Number (800) 462-2176 for assistance. To learn more, click HERE.
Regarding the last point, NEDRAC meets all strict requirements and regulations for military moving and must maintain extremely high performance levels at all times. We welcome your questions regarding using NEDRAC for your upcoming military relocation.
If you would like more information, click HERE. If you would like to discuss your move, or have any questions regarding NEDRAC, please contact us at (760) 345-9621. If you would like a quote on a shipment, please fill out the contact form below.